Executive & Career Coaching
Once considered a luxury, coaches are now being hired by individuals at all levels. Anyone--individuals, entrepreneurs, business owners, corporate leaders--who is determined to make a change personally or professionally can work with a coach. Coaching is the best investment you can make in yourself! Some examples of Executive Coaching successes are:
· Senior Director was dissatisfied with her career and hesitant to go out on her own, which she wanted to do. With coaching, she launched her own speaking and coaching business, wrote a successful book, and is very fulfilled following her interests and strengths. Mentored her as she developed her Executive Coaching practice.
· Vice President of technical company, feeling stuck at his company and very stressed, was able to discover his way of working by getting to know his needs through self-assessments and to stop judging himself as wrong since he worked differently from the company culture. He continued being successful without needing to change jobs.
· Technical leader dissatisfied with how his PhD and skills were being used was able to create a plan, resign after 15 years and become President of another company.
· Sr. Vice President in a financial firm and her team were experiencing conflict, underperforming and not being respected by other departments though their roles were keys to business success. Worked toward understanding their value and their roles more clearly, set a strategy and goals, and created an action plan through team coaching. Turned around their work and their reputations within 6 months.
What is Coaching?
Coaching is a partnership designed to help you achieve success by your definition of success. We co-create a program based on your goals, and work together to overcome barriers. The coaching partnership supports you over a period of time in your desire for change and movement toward your outcomes.
What Do We Work On?
- Attain work and personal life balance
- Make decisions and design strategies
- Strategize on business or personal challenges
- Increase communication effectiveness
- Learn how you are perceived
- Make transitions--life or career
- Train, develop, and manage staff
- Manage projects with tight time constraints
- Identify limiting beliefs
- Dramatically improve your results
- Have more FUN in life!
How Does Coaching Work?
A coach is professionally trained to ask questions and help you see yourself more clearly, to give you feedback, to help you leverage your natural abilities and strengths, and to manage your challenges. A key to the coaching partnership is the synergy created. More is accomplished by the team than you would alone. Structure is provided by the coach. As coach, I support you and hold you accountable, so you think bigger, take more action, and hang in there until you reach your desired outcome.
What's the Coaching Process?
- Coaching is delivered in regular sessions, usually bi-weekly, by telephone and/or in person.
- We identify your coaching goals and develop a plan that can include one or more assessments that help you "know thyself" better.
- If desired, a 360-degree feedback instrument can be used to learn how your co-workers, boss, and direct reports see your behavior, communication style, strengths, and opportunities as a leader.
- You bring an agenda to each session--what YOU want to accomplish. I help you focus on the priorities and most relevant issues, solve problems, make decisions, create and leverage opportunities, minimize risk, and CELEBRATE success.
- You leave each session with actions to keep you moving along between sessions.
"I just wanted to quit everything. I didn't know how to get any satisfaction out of anything. Every one hated me and life was drudgery. That's what I thought. The best thing about thoughts are that they are mine to have and mine to change. Diane helped me change my thoughts and in turn my life. I still do all the same things, except I do them with a different perspective. Diane helped me find power within myself I never knew I had." Lori Wright, Director HR, Austin, TX